Changing lives through sport: join Homeless FA's 2015 Training Centre Programme
In late 2014 Copa90 came along to our Team England Day at St George's Park to make this fantastic film and show the positive impact of the Team England programme.
The Homeless FA has always been about more than football alone. We've seen the people who take part make a massive difference in their lives.
Take a look at our impact statistics to see how truly transformative the work is.
- 46% of our players progressed to further education
- 61% improved their housing situation
- 67% gained employment
- 95% improved their leadership skills
- 100% reported increased levels of confidence and self-esteem
- 97% improved their general physical fitness
- 92% believe that they are more able to take control of their life
- 97% improved their mental health, stress management and general wellbeing
- 92% of those players regularly taking substances beforehand decreased their intake or stopped completely
- 100% believe that Homeless FA programmes are a positive opportunity and would recommend them to others
We are now accepting applications to our 2015 Training Centre Programme
Three new Premier League clubs have come on board this year to deliver our award-winning programme, as Everton, Manchester City and Southampton join our established Training Centre partners: Aston Villa, Arsenal, Brighton and Hove Albion, Bristol City, Derby County, Fulham, Hull City, Norwich City and Sunderland.
"I used to get out of bed to go get my fix in the morning, but now I'm getting up to represent my country, to represent my team."
Applications are open to all socially excluded individuals, though priority will be given to those who have experienced homelessness in the last year and who have not previously attended a Homeless FA Training Centre.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 13th March 2015.
Please visit our Training Centre page for more information, including how to download an application pack and apply online. You can also request a pack by calling Konrad on 020 7423 6888 or emailing Konrad@homelessfa.org.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Senior Partnerships Officer - Homeless FA
Konrad supports all areas of the Homeless FA’s work including the Training Centre and Team England programmes, with particular focus on the coordination of the Community. He is a qualified football coach, and before working for the Homeless FA Konrad was a Sports Administrator for London Youth Games and a Consultant for Global Sports and Media Management.
17 Dec 2018 - 4:28pm
5 Nov 2018 - 9:08am
10 Oct 2018 - 11:00am