Introduction to Housing First
Thursday, 24 May 2018
London | Special offer
This course will give you the practical skills needed to help clients improve self awareness, build motivation and self-esteem, break free from unhelpful behavioural patterns, and take responsibility for their actions and choices.
A mixture of training methods is used on this course. You will explore typical problems faced by professionals that work with vulnerable people, such as the tendency to attribute “blame” on to others and resistance to pro-activity. The blend of approaches is designed to ensure that you will gain insights that are of immediate, practical use in your everyday working life.
Who is this course for?
Anyone interested in finding out more about the approach including staff from the voluntary sector, local authorities, housing providers, health and social care providers and other related sectors. This course is for frontline and non-service delivery staff.
What will you learn?
This course will:
- Provide you with an understanding of the background and evidence base of Housing First
- Ensure you fully understand the principles of Housing First and why they’re important
- Enable you to understand who Housing First is for and why
- Provide you with information on the ‘key ingredients’ for implementing Housing First in England
- Ensure you know where to go for more information
The course will provide both information and a chance for delegates to explore their perceptions of some of the concepts and philosophy underpinning the approach.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana administers our range of scheduled events & training.
020 7840 4497
11 May 2018 - 11:09am
8 May 2018 - 6:13pm
8 May 2018 - 4:39pm